- They were taught simple programming language to control the drone to perform simple aerial tasks and ultimately, manoeuvring it around 3D obstacle courses.
- They even got to apply some of their maths and science work which they have learnt in school!
- The older children were partnered with the younger children to encourage them to guide their younger counterparts and set a good example for them during the workshop.
A 3-day Robotics Workshop was conducted for our needy children (from Primary 1 to Secondary 2) at Xin Yuan Community Care during the June Holidays.
- They have learnt simple programming skills
- It has created awareness and interest in IT and Engineering subjects which may help to steer the direction of their future;
- It has equipped them with 21st century skills where technology and IT are the future.
- They were introduced to one of the newest technologies around, 3D Printing.
- They were fully involved in the process of designing and creating their own unique 3D model.
- They were able to create a simple model using 3D pens.
- Our mentors were there to guide our Children through the workshop.
A Science Workshop was conducted for our children at Xin Yuan Community Care. Our Children did hands-on Science Experiments using commonly found household objects.
- They learnt new scientific experiments that were outside their school curriculum.
- Mentors guided and helped the children with the different type of experiments.
- Our children were happy and thankful for the holiday program they shared together with their mentors.